Magneti Marelli is an international company founded in Italy in 1919, committed to the design and production of hi-tech systems and components for the automotive sector, based in Italy (Corbetta, Milan).
With a turnover of € 8,2 billion in 2017, about 44,000 employees, 85 production units and 15 R&D Centres, the Group has a presence in 20 countries (Italy, France, Germany, Spain, United Kingdom, Poland, Czech Republic, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Slovakia, Turkey, USA, Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, China, Japan, India, Malaysia).
Magneti Marelli supplies all the leading car makers in Europe, North and South America, and Asia.
Through a process of constant innovation, Magneti Marelli aims at optimizing transversal know-how in the electronics field in order to develop intelligent systems and solutions that contribute to the advancement of mobility, according to criteria relating to environmental sustainability, safety and quality of life onboard the vehicles.
Within the scope of its mission as a world-wide automotive systems and components supplier, Magneti Marelli aims at combining quality and competitive offer, technology and versatility, with the goal of making key technologies available to the final user at a competitive price.
Magneti Marelli is part of FCA.
Magneti Marelli’s business areas are:
- Electronic Systems (instrument clusters; infotainment & telematics, lighting & body electronics),
- Automotive Lighting (front and rear lighting systems),
- Powertrain (engine control systems for gasoline, diesel and multifuel engines; Automated Manual Transmission “Freechoice” gearboxes)
- Suspension Systems (suspension systems, shock absorbers. dynamic systems),
- Exhaust Systems (exhaust systems, catalytic converters and silencing systems)
- Motorsport (electronic and electro-mechanical systems specifically for championships at the cutting edge of technology, in F1, MotoGP, SBK and the WRC)
- After Market Parts and Services (Spare Parts for the Independent Aftermarket – IAM, Service Network – Magneti Marelli Checkstar Workshops)