Thanks to modern telematics and network technologies and to the integration between cars electronic systems, central infrastructures and service providers, the car itself becomes an interconnected sensor, part of an integrated intelligent system able to increase the onboard, road and the external environment quality.
The aim is to make available telematics, navigation and entertainment (infotainment) devices and to channel into the car the world of internet, mobile communications, and every information and valuable content for the driver, granting access to the universe of infomobility services. We are talking about devices and solutions to help the driver controlling his car, choosing the ideal route, optimizing time and thus minimizing consumption and emissions. Devices that can provide information on traffic, parking, limited access areas, pay-tolls, remote diagnosis, car performance and that can grant access to new forms of insurance policies. Examples of technologies:
Advanced Infotainment & HMI (Human Machine Inteface)
- Open platform approach, that is an open platform for scalable, flexible and updatable infotainment
- Customizable Human Machine Interface graphic design
- Advanced graphic interface, visual, tactile and vocal features.
- Original Equipment and Aftermarket Telematic box (enabling telematic, insurance, e-call, fleet management, tracking, infologility and car pooling services).
Consumer electronics devices connectivity
- Connection between the vechicle and every consumer electronic device, a solution developed with the consumer electronics main players, in order to satisfy both the technical and quality requirements of the automotive world.
- Vehicle to Vehicle connectivity
- Vehicle to Infrastructure connectivity